Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why I hate Chemistry, though it's an interesting field of Science


[this is just another personal opinion :)]
When it comes to ALs, chances of obtaining an A or a B pass for Chemistry entirely depends on how well one can by-heart all the books and notes. I'm not telling this only because I'm so sure that I'm going to get a 'F' for Chemistry this time :P, but because I really sense that there's something terribly wrong with the Chemistry paper... at least for those who follow Maths subjects ;) 


really don't care what was wrong with the Plum Pudding model of Thompson, as long as I know he has no sensible proof for that. Another weird thing about Chemistry is that it is full of 'assumptions' from beginning to the end! I have millions of things to worry about, even without thinking of all the Scientists who went mad trying to convince people that this universe behaves just as they suppose it would.(I'm not trying to underestimate or humiliate the great scientists :-o) When we look at the founding principles of Chemistry, one can even say that it is entirely fictional ! But even I admit that still there's no other subject that could explain some things better than Chemistry. 



 Chemistry becomes a little more reliable in the Physical Chemistry section. But Inorganic part is a nightmare and General and Organic parts provide you with heaps and heaps of meaningless stuff to by heart! Hope I'm not being too hard on Chem... :) 

By now you may have clearly understood that I'm writing this based only and only on my own horrific experiences :D There are people who still love Chemistry, despite it being so confusing and boring... It's obvious that Chemistry is the most colorful subject of all, and I must not forget to tell you that I'm the biggest fan (ah! next to Hansika of course ) of Chemistry during the practical periods!! :D 

So, you all.... friends and foes of Chem... feel free to add your ideas and experiences on Chemistry!! 

thnx!

5 comments:

Your ideas and comments are highly appreciated. Please mention your name with them. Thank you!