Thursday, November 6, 2014

Things I've Learned at the University

So, I've spent nearly 9 months at a campus and it turns out every important thing I've learned here are mostly social-skills. :D I know that I'm not experienced enough to write a blog post on University Life or Life in general. But I'm just going to state the obvious ;) 

Special Note : All of the following "lessons learned" are about the society and it's ways and in no way connected to any person living or dead (or any particular institution.) Basically I'm talking about "stuff" in general...

1. Copying is the most important survival skill. (and Einstein approves)

 

Ability to produce an original answer with the use of material stolen from other people and the internet is of vital importance if you are ever going to make it out alive from a university. Apart from that one has to figure out several things in-order to pass exams - which I will not mention here in the fear of losing my life, (yes, university people are tough! ;) ) and mostly because I haven't figured them out myself.


2. Judges! I see judges everywhere...

People judge you based on every single thing that they see when they look at you. Yes, even the most down-to-earth person secretly judges you based on your shoes, hair, outfits, bags, type of people around you, the shops you visit and even by what you eat and what you don't. Zero value is given to the personality and you character is determined purely on your looks and your gossip profile. 

Also, you can either turn yourself into a hero or a villain just by a carefully choreographed procedure of pretense and over-reactions...Because people think with their eyes and ears yall! XD


3. There is nothing you cannot learn by yourself.

There, I said it! :D
*pause for reaction*
I think we can learn anything and everything by ourselves if we have a will and determination to learn it. Therefore, eliminating the need to attend educational institutes. (Just saying... I'm not serious ;p ) And yes, it will take time and effort rather than just by-hearting the lecture notes, but it'll be so worth the trouble.

Einstein thinks so too...
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
-Albert Einstein


 (If Einstein was alive today, I think we would've been great pals! ;) ) 


4. People expect you to be different while pushing you to the same mold they used to create the others.

*no comments*

5.  Respect is a major issue.

Up until now, I have closely worked with at least 10,000 people who are senior to me in so many different levels. It always came naturally to me to respect those who deserve. But I never knew that earning respect and paying respect required such a lot of work and false effort until I stepped into the society. I guess this has to do with people growing up and abusing their minds and grown-ups being bad and not going to the temple and world coming to an end and stuff... (Don't worry aliens are on their way to remove the disrespectful scum off the Earth)

6. Talking to a  Good Friend solves half the problems in life...

...and after the conversation you realize that the other half does not even matter anymore. Because no matter how hard life tries to get you down, you'll always have the love and support of the ones around you. And at the end of the day  - even if everything else goes wrong - you still won't be a loser. You'd be a loser with lots of loving friends...

7. Give.

At the end of the day, all that matters is how much you give to the world. It may be just a smile to brighten someone's day... or giving your lunch to someone who needs it more than you do... it's the thought behind what we give that's important. For me, doing something nice for someone else always feels so nice, that I'm almost addicted to it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a 'people pleaser'. I know when to say 'no'. But it's so great to be able to do something good in a world so full of vices. As Mahatma Gandhi puts it;
"Be the change you wish to see in this world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas and comments are highly appreciated. Please mention your name with them. Thank you!